Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


What is a Declaration of International Operations?



It takes several weeks for the FAA to process an aircraft registration application. For up to 90 days during this processing window, the aircraft is legal to fly but only within the United States under what is known as a temporary authority. If you need to fly outside the US during this time, you will need to file a declaration of international operations. This can be done in person or by fax. The FAA will process it on an expedited basis, often within one day, and issue a temporary registration, allowing international operations for 30 days. Of course, before those 30 days are over, you should be issued your permanent registration, making international operations permissible.

Advocate Covers:

Our Results

Service Agreements

Piston Aircraft Comprehensive Service Agreement

For Piston Aircraft  – $5,000 per year

Small Turboprop Comprehensive Service Agreement

For a single Turboprop Aircraft costing less than $2,000,000 – $7,500 per year

Large Turboprop Comprehensive Service Agreement

For Turboprop Aircraft costing more than $2,000,000 – $10,000 per year

Our Team

Meet the Attorneys

Jonathan Levy


Suzanne Meiners-Levy


Joseph Quackenbush

Managing Attorney

Richard Yan

Managing Attorney

Do you love aircraft? Work with our team of professionals!

Contact Us

Get in Touch
With Us

Get in Touch