Job Title: Legal Advisor
The attorney we seek will directly advise clients on acquiring and operating general aviation aircraft with an aim to support their overall business goals consistent with regulatory, tax, and legal liability concerns.
The successful candidate will:
- Work directly with clients, educating them on all relevant state and federal tax issues, FAA requirements, and risk mitigation issues, ensuring that they have an adequate understanding of what will be required of them to remain in compliance with a wide range of legal requirements.
- Discuss tax strategies, aircraft acquisitions issues, aircraft operating strategies, structuring concepts, and risk mitigation strategies with the client and their advisors.
- Identify and design appropriate entity structures and draft appropriate supporting agreements in a timely fashion so that closing can proceed in accordance with the client’s established timeline.
- Maintain records in accordance with firm protocol to ensure that all client information is current, accurate, complete, and readily accessible.
- Lead a team of professionals providing ongoing consulting as necessary to assist the client with FAA, IRS, and state law compliance.
- Work collaboratively with other attorneys, accountants, and compliance specialists to ensure best practices in client service delivery.
The top candidates will be committed to excellence and will be:
- A law school graduate with a strong academic record
- A Florida licensed attorney
- An excellent communicator, with strong legal writing skills
- A team player who works well with other professionals
- A detail-oriented researcher capable of working independently
- Proficient in tax research, with familiarity with corporate and tax law
- Interested in aviation
Compensation is very competitive and includes health insurance, paid vacation, 401K, and more. Advocate is a flat fee firm without hourly billing requirements. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as instructed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.