Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


How do I register my aircraft with the FAA?



In order to register an aircraft, the owner must provide the FAA with a signed registration application on FAA form 8050-1, along with proof of ownership of the aircraft, and a $5 registration fee. Ownership proof usually takes the form of a bill of sale, but other types may also apply, such as a certificate of repossession, or a court order. The owner’s name on the registration must identically match that on the proof of ownership. Until 2016, only original ink signatures were accepted, but now digitally signed and verified documents may also be used. In order to register, an applicant must meet an eligibility test as one of a, a US citizen, b, a US permanent resident registering as an individual, or c, a non-citizen corporation owning an aircraft that is based and primarily used in the US.

Advocate Covers:

Our Results

Service Agreements

Piston Aircraft Comprehensive Service Agreement

For Piston Aircraft  – $5,000 per year

Small Turboprop Comprehensive Service Agreement

For a single Turboprop Aircraft costing less than $2,000,000 – $7,500 per year

Large Turboprop Comprehensive Service Agreement

For Turboprop Aircraft costing more than $2,000,000 – $10,000 per year

Our Team

Meet the Attorneys

Jonathan Levy


Suzanne Meiners-Levy


Joseph Quackenbush

Managing Attorney

Richard Yan

Managing Attorney

Do you love aircraft? Work with our team of professionals!

Contact Us

Get in Touch
With Us

Get in Touch